Thursday, March 01, 2007

FHE at the ER

Okay, we know it's Thursday and not Monday, so technically it can't be FHE, but we spent enough time together tonight that it counts anyway!!! Here's the scoop, Riley's head had a collision with the glass door...amazing how that happens. He wanted out and I said no so he hit his head on the door until it broke. It took 2-hits! By the time I walked from the kitchen to the living room with Tanner in tow, the door had smashed and Riley was bleeding...EVERYWHERE!! The sound of glass crashing and your child screaming is the worst sound ever. I was panic-stricken. I put Tanner on the floor, went and grabbed Riley, put a receiving blanket up to his head, then called Todd at work all hysterical-like. Todd came home and we went to the ER.

Well, long story short, one X-ray, one head staple, 5 chicken nuggets and a frosty, and FOUR HOURS later, we are finally home and have lived to tell the tale. If anyone doubts that Heavenly Father knows us all and watches over us, just look at our door and then at Riley's head. You will instantly see that angels were most definitely watching over our little one keeping him safe from serious harm.

p.s. Tanner, of course, was perfect!! :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Riley is so blessed! We were all amazed by the photo of the door and the single staple to repair his forehead.
Aunt Kelly