Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Gradulation Day

Normally I don't put a lot of stock in preschool graduations, but when Tanner hopped into the car during preschool pick-up and excitedly told me all about his "gradulation", I knew I would have to do something special for him.  So, I made these graduation cupcakes for him to give to all his friends.  They were a hit!


Tanner's preschool included a lot of high school students who came every day from the local high school.  They got credit for learning how to be an early childhood educator.  Tanner loved it, but it did make for a VERY full classroom!  During the ridiculously long video, Tanner got a little tired.  He had absolutely no problem with plopping himself on Crystal's lap to take a little break from the rigors of sitting.



Here are some funny videos I got at his graduation.  They are all kind of long...for posterity's sake...but they totally show off Tanner's little personality.

This is the song they sing at the beginning of every preschool day



And what preschool experience would be complete without "A Toodie Ta"?  I sang this song 30-years ago when I was in preschool and it was kind of fun to see Tanner sing it with his preschool class too.  It's a classic for a reason folks.  Any song where you stick your rear end out AND your tongue is destined for longevity.


We have a tradition at our house loving called "The Green Plate".  Whenever something special happens to one of the kids, they get to eat off of the green plate for dinner.  The kids absolutely go batty over it!  It doesn't make an appearance often...it has to be a REALLY special occasion...like preschool gradulation.




1 comment:

Susanna said...

Tanner is awsome! So were those cupcakes.