Happy Birthday Tanner...The Big 06!
I love to make treats for my kids to take into their classes. They are certainly not professional looking, but the kids love them anyway...and they do taste good, if I do say so myself. So, for Tanner's birthday today, I decided that I would make monkey cupcakes for him to hand out to his class.
I spent a long, long time yesterday making them. I even made the nila wafers that I used for their noses and ears. Everything was from scratch! This is what they turned out looking like:
Well, when I went to move them off the counter this morning so I could have more space to make Tanner's birthday breakfast...I dropped them on the floor. I am happy to say that thought I felt like letting out a few good cuss words, I held them in. But it was tough! Needless to say, the cute little monkeys now look like little handicapped monkeys, but I'm sure they'll still taste good...even though they were, technically, on the floor for a few seconds. I was able to salvage 13 of them for the kids in Tanner's class. There just weren't any extras for his teacher or the principal.
This is what Tanner took to school this morning:
The very worst part about the whole thing, is that my brand new, darling cupcake holder now looks like the leaning tower of Pisa. It makes me very, very sad :(


1 comment:
I bet handy dandy Todd could fix that.
Post a Comment