Happy Christmas Eve!!!
Happy Christmas Eve!!! We just got back from our friend's house, The Alders, from up the street for a Christmas Eve get-together and we had a lot of fun...and a lot of really yummy food too. This photo was one of many attempts at a Christmas Eve 2006 family picture...Riley?!?!
Well, we thought we would tell you all about our day here...very interesting. So, I wrote the program this year for our Sacrament Meeting and was pretty nervous about it. I woke up absolutely exhausted and was worried that I was going to make some stupid mistake that would ruin the program.
The first number was sung by our ward choir. I had a friend make a copy of the music for me this morning so that I could put it in my binder for easier page turns. All seemed to be going well when all of a sudden I was on my last page of music, but the choir still had one page left to sing?!?! I panicked and started feeling around with my left hand for the music while my right hand continued on, hoping beyond all hope that I had it on the piano and that I could get it open with one hand and up on the stand before the choir got to that point in the song. All of you pianists out there are feeling my stress right now I know! :) Well, I managed to get the music up in just the nick of time with hardly anyone noticing what was going on. There was definitely divine intervention on that one. So, there is one crisis averted.
Now, on to crisis number 2. The grand piano in our chapel stopped working on me. Don't ask me how but all the notes from middle C down to an F in the bass clef just stopped working and all I got was this sound like there was a wrapper somewhere in the strings. I found out later that this particular piano needs water in a reservoir to work properly. WATER?!?! What the heck kind of piano needs water to work? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.
We of course will blog more tomorrow on Riley's first Christmas where he might actually get it. Love to all!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment