Tanner's Blessing
Today Tanner was blessed and he was an angel. He didn't cry or fuss, just looked all around, perfectly content. He looked so cute too. Our good friend Annie made the outfit for her grandson, who is now 8-months old, and with the consent of her daughter Meghan...who is also our good friend...Tanner wore it for his blessing. He looked so sweet in his Christopher Robin hat and his little romper and booties. So cute.
Now, for the good part...oh yes, there is a good part and it begins with the word Riley...Riley decided that he couldn't let Tanner have the day all to himself, so he crawled under the bench and up to the front while Todd and I were listening to the High Couneleman speak. (yes, it was high counsel Sunday and the Stake President was there visiting!!!) Anyway, he climbs up the stairs to the stage, runs to the back and starts running through the back row of seats to the other side of the chapel!! Annie turns around and says not to worry that someone up front would grab him. Well, no one up front grabbed him and Riley made it to the light switch. Can you guess what happened next? You got it, Riley TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS!!!! This is when Annie turns around and says, "Um, you better go get him now" I could have died of embarassment! I had to cross the entire chapel in front of the High Counselman, climb the stairs, go to the back of the stage, turn the lights on, and grab my child who is now screaming at the top of his lungs "LIGHTS!!!" and run to the door which of course is located at the BACK of the chapel. Oh, the joys of parenthood. Someday we will laugh about this. :)

4 comments:
Yeah for church with kids! Tanner looks adorable.
Trust me when I say that your being embarrassed by children has just begun!
We all empathize! We're just glad it wasn't our kids this time!
I am sorry I missed riley's shenanegans at church. Tanner's outfit looks SO cute on him!
Post a Comment