Primary Program
Yesterday was Riley's first Primary Program. We were a little nervous...for obvious reasons...about how Riley would do. Even though Riley has been doing really well in Primary for at least the past 2-months, he doesn't have the greatest track record. We waited anxiously for the other 20 Sunbeams to stand up and say their parts into the microphone, and then it was Riley's turn. Well, he got up there like he owned that podium and said his part as clear as day with absolutely no help from his teacher..."My name is Riley. I am a child of God". Then he stepped back down and stood with his class. Todd and I started to tear up because he has come so far. Afterward I told him that he did a great job and that we were proud of him, and he stopped, gave me a hug and a kiss and said, "Oh, thanks mom!"
I wish we would have had our camera though because during the song while the sunbeams were still up there (none of them actually singing!), Riley started to puff up his cheeks and then take his hands and push the air out with a big pop. The other children were also making faces, waving hello to people in the congregation, sleeping...the typical 4-year old fare. It was really funny.
a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhhAOkAwoSnJTLtgjHQoKDPR-5NqBDB4m_XCW-I4sFJvD86CsDtBoSFaAyk8Qr_CNyMei7qWed-SiIDDuYxchEgxlyRBWf3t8I2rtzujpdWrUUZlFqs0JIYjRw9l6ti1U3AlhS0EA/s1600-h/P1010362.JPG">

4 comments:
Way to go, Riley! I want to hear you say your part when I get there! You are awsome!
Love,
Nana
Primary Programs are the best! Always good for tears and laughter. Ours is on the 9th. I just started teaching CTR 5 so it'll be interesting to experience the program from the stand.
he is sooo stinkin' cute... that is so bitter sweet! Ande's first year out of the program, Riley's first one.
very cute
I am so so so nervous for our program. This will be my first time playing the piano for the program......i'm terrified.
Post a Comment