Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve

We had so much fun on Christmas Eve! It was actually the rare occasion where things worked out how I thought they should. (Unlike our Christmas tree buying experience: freezing cold, Tanner running around like a mad-man, Riley having to go potty after being there for 2-seconds, Todd just grabbing the first tree he saw so we could get the @#!&* outta there...you know what I'm talking about!)

Anyway, back to the fun night. After dinner the boys got to open 2 gifts...a pair of pj's and a game. Tanner got Spill the Beans (which is totally not for anyone over 3 because it is WAY too easy to sabotage the other player!) Tanner, however, loved it. Riley got the iconic Chutes and Ladders. We tried playing it with Tanner, but he ended up being branded as the "Chutes and Ladders terrorist" and was relegated to playing Spill the Beans by himself...which he was perfectly content to do.


Uncle Ryan came to visit which made Christmas even better. It's hard to be so far away from family during the holidays, so we were so excited that he was willing to make the 8-hour trek from Dallas...again. He was just here for Thanksgiving which was only 3-weeks ago! Ryan is the perfect guest too because he absolutely raves about any food that I make. (I think he would think that a potato I stuck in the microwave would be amazing since he eats "bachelor" food and isn't really used to anything home made...but hey, I'll take it! :)




Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Susanna said...

Looks very fun! Paul and I sat on our behinds and did nothing on Christmas Eve!

The Whetstone Family said...

Our kids get so mad playing Chutes & Ladders. They stress out so bad when they go down a slide! Cute PJ's!