Saturday, August 21, 2010

Playground Trouble

Yesterday I took the boys to the mall to play. As we were in the little playground, I noticed Tanner trying to get up the waterfall slide to play. There were 3 boys at the top of the slide, probably around 6, 4, 2. Each time Tanner climbed up, they would push him off. It was making me so mad! After seeing it for the first time, I stood up to go walk over there. While I was walking, Tanner had climbed up and had been pushed down again. Tanner never screamed or cried, he just got back up, climbed up the slide, and hit all three boys. Well, the 6-year old started WAILING, so of course ALL parents' eyes turned directly to Tanner. I was just thinking to myself, "What...you can dish it out but you can't take it?" Part of me was appalled that Tanner would do something like that and part of me was proud that he did it.

3 comments:

De and Matt said...

my husband is very proud of tanner! glad he stuck up for himself :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwl. That makes me want to pick up Tanner and give him a big squeeze. Chris is very proud of Tanner. I think Tanner is going to be ok in life. He's such a sweetie, but SO resilient!

Susanna said...

Tanzillaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Unfortunately, you do have to learn to defend yourself in this life. It took my way too long!