We're Almost There
Okay, the heat is on to get Tanner potty trained. He got into Miss Meagan's (Riley's old teacher) class, but he HAS to be out of diapers to go. He is doing alright, but is still in a diaper. School starts August 17th. I showed him the Spiderman underwear in hopes that he would think it is awesome and want to wear them instead of diapers. We'll see. Anyone have any potty training ideas? (I still remember yours Em and believe me, it is now being seriously considered because of our 2-week timeline!)


6 comments:
We just potty trained Max... and the things that got him going was when bought a little potty, Mason thought it was so cool that he assembled it when we got home. Because Mason thought it was cool so did Max and we were off.
I've also heard that just letting them go naked for a day or two is effective, but I've never tried it.
This may be a little controversial but we were desperate.
William knew how to use the potty, he just refused to do it because it cut into his playtime (reminding him wouldn't work!) I got tired of his stubborness and cleaning him up so I made the cleaning a punishment. I would put him in the tub and turn on the shower. The water would be cold to start and take a while to warm up. He hated it but it was very effective. He only had about 5 showers until he got the message. It's pretty rough to start with because you have to deal with screaming and thrashing at first. Explaining each time why he had to have a "cold shower" made William WANT to go in the potty.
Ha! I just read the previous message - great minds think alike! Love you Tans - good luck!
Throw out the diapers. Go underwear all the way. Let him know there are no other options. Wet underwear is uncomfortable but you have to wear wet pants if you pee in them. That goes for all of us! And the cold shower worked the first time on Natalie. It was horrible, but very effective! Best of Luck!
Positive reinforcement in the form of a few m&m's each time they go sucessfully and just making them try to go constantly (every hour). I have seen this work many, many times!!! I hope everything is going well!
When you perfect this, let me know. Something tells me Tanner and Murdock think a lot alike.
Post a Comment