Sunday, December 12, 2010

Riley's First Recital

Riley had his first piano recital tonight. He made a few mistakes, but his attitude made up for it all. (I won't even mention that he had two weeks to learn the darn song but refused to start practicing until Friday night!) That kid is quite the performer! My favorite moment was at the beginning when he made a few mistakes and then start laughing and said, "Just wait". Let me tell ya, he was the only one who was not bothered in the slightest by his mistakes. I loved it. The bow at the end, however, pretty much did us in. You don't get to see the other kids perform, but they were ALL very subdued and nervous. Well, not little Riley. He is 3-years younger than my youngest student, so maybe it is just that all the insecurities of youth haven't had a chance to settle yet, but he showed no fear...or maybe he just has some Mike R. in him :) Hopefully this is just one of many recitals that Riley will perform in. I'm thinking I see Carnegie Hall in his future :)



You can't really hear it, but Ava came up at the end and added some of her own notes to Riley's song. Riley just laughed. He thought it was great.

3 comments:

Annastacia said...

I love it when he calls Charlene and plays for us!

PeggyB said...

Too cute! Thanks for posting! Great job, Riley!

Susanna said...

Riley, that was so great! I want you to play that for me on videochat!