Thursday, February 03, 2011

The Woes of Broken Bones

Well, poor little Riley broke his collar bone this week...as you can well see. He was trying to do a flip off of our couch (Todd and I had absolutely NO idea he was trying to do flips off the couch!) and landed on his shoulder. I was upstairs putting dinner dishes away and getting FHE ready while Todd was upstairs helping Tanner sit on the potty. All of a sudden we hear Riley screaming. He was sitting on the stairs grasping his left shoulder and his ear. It didn't look broken. It wasn't swollen or any funny colors, so we thought he probably just bruised his shoulder. Well, that was Monday. Today is Thursday and I finally had the brilliant idea that maybe, just maybe this was more than a bruised shoulder. And, sure enough, a broken bone it is. I feel terrible! Todd feels terrible. Riley feels terrible. We all feel terrible.



Tomorrow we go to an orthopedic doctor to see if any more actions need to be taken for Riley's bone to be healed. Wish us luck!


4 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh poor Riley, and poor parents. Hope he recovers quickly and you are all feeling better soon.

The Whetstone Family said...

Ouch! We did that too when Ben broke his arm at 16 months--didn't take him to the dr for another day or two! We felt horrible that it was actually fractured!

Susanna said...

More "war" stories for Riley! No more feeling "terrible" for any of youse! (A little Pennsylvania humor)

Annastacia said...

I hope Riley is doing better! How scary! Audrey just started wanting to jump off of things and it is driving me nuts!