Monday, April 02, 2012

The Joys of Childhood

I have a lot of happy memories from the days of yore. One of my favorites is of going to the park just up the street from our house on 9th South in Salt Lake City. You see, there was this tree...and it was very special. It was the perfect climbing tree, and climb I did! I would climb with my sisters. I would climb with my friends. I would climb alone. I'd sit for hours...or what seemed like hours, though it was probably more like 2.56 minutes...and I'd watch cars drive by, and watch people walk by, and watch other children play in the park and just sit...and let my imagination run wild.  Oh, how I loved that tree.

Now I am grown and no longer climb trees (too much sap for my taste!), but I have a son who is a lot like me. I also have a park down the street from my house, and in this park there is a tree...and it is special.





1 comment:

Susanna said...

Looks like a great tree! I even used to climb trees once upon a time!