Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Almost-Finished Dining Room

We are almost done with our dining room! Hooray! Todd did an amazing job with the molding and the painting...and the whole hanging up the pictures and the curtains thing...but I helped, really. Now all that's left is putting in our new flooring...out with the old yucky carpet and in with some nice laminate. (Who the heck puts CARPET in a dining room?!?! Obviously someone who doesn't actually EAT in there.) Our goal is to have this done by Easter when Charlene and Shelton come for a visit.

Now we need your help. Todd likes the curtains, but is having a hard time reconciling the fact that he feels like he is in a movie theater. My theory was that our kitchen is going to be red, so a red accent in the dining room would make the rooms flow. We want to hear from you. What do you think of our red curtains?

4 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

We also have carpet in our dining room! Such a pain. We have laminate in our living room, I wish they were switched! Also, I like the red curtains.

Melinda said...

Your dining room looks beautiful! Todd could start his own business. With your help of course! I love the red curtains and the idea of making rooms flow. That's the way to do it. I watch a lot of home decorating shows. Melinda~

Heidi said...

The red curtains are great. Not movie theater-ish at all. If you put red curtains on all of the walls, then you might have a problem.

Emily Osborne said...

i like the red curtains