Monday, March 17, 2008

Another weekend project

This weekend we...meaning Todd...put in our kitchen floors. It took him a full 12-hours to lay it down, and it looks terrific. We still have a long way to go however. When you look at the last picture, just imagine white wainscoting that is about 5 1/2 feet tall, dark gray speckled granite counter tops, and possibly white cupboards. Actually, we would love to hear your opinion about our cupboards. We have two options: 1-stain the cupboards to match the floor, which would amount to an awful lot of wood and may make our smallish kitchen look even smaller. 2-paint the cupboards white, which may detract from the value of the house when, one day, we go to sell it. We just don't know what to do. We'll keep you posted.

 


 


 


 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Susanna said...

The floor looks great! I love the dark wood. I do think you will have to lighten your cupboards. White or a whitewashed look I think would be cute. Todd--you did an awsome job!

Anonymous said...

Man, you guys have been busy! Your kitchen and dining room floors look AWESOME! I loooooove it. I wish I had a hubby to install new floors in my house. Can I borrow Todd for a weekend? Ha ha.
I kind of like a lot of wood in a kitchen, but then again, I'm no interior designing expert.

Sara said...

Jenn, wood floors would look AMAZING in your cattle cars! I'll have Todd get right on it. :)

The Whetstone Family said...

Wow--I'm so impressed! I wish one of us were handy. I vote for lighter cupboards.

Emily Osborne said...

I love love love it!! Good job, Todd.

Anonymous said...

your place looks wonderful too!!!!

Todd is saving you guys big time! great work. great trade experience.

if you wanna see my American Idol comments, you can visit this link..... come on over and play with a few of my friends and I !!!

Link to this forum: http://wc3.worldcrossing.com/webx?14@@.1de0f8bf

Anonymous said...

oh and can you email me again, I can't find your email. I'll tell everyone in PA you said hello!

spasm5@att.net

Heidi said...

Does Todd get these projects done in one weekend? That's amazing! Sean will take FOREVER to get a single project done. He left me with only 2/3 of my kitchen with under cabinet lighting. I guess it could be worse.