Savings Galore!!!
Okay, so most of you know that I have been on a coupon/saving frenzy lately. I really have gone berserk! Today I want to share with you some of the tricks of the trade I have learned these past few weeks. At first I just looked for coupons online...there are several good sites that give you nice coupons (I have them listed to the side of the blog), but then I found the wonders of the Sunday paper. There are always amazing coupons in the Sunday paper. I actually go to the dollar store on Tuesday or Wednesday and purchase 3 or 4 Sunday papers (some dollar stores will give them to you for .50!) Then I cut and organize my coupons in the little accordion index card sized folder.
I look through all the drug store ads, as well as the Target, Walmart, and KMART ads in the paper and see where there are good deals. I circle anything that looks remotely good. Then I look to see if I have any coupons that could go with these coupons. It actually takes a long time...but I found a secret website that does all of this for you...and then some!
The website is called www.thegrocerygame.com and I love it. It tracks coupons and sales for you in your specific area. I track Walgreens, CVS, and 2 of our local grocery stores on this site. They list all the sales and corresponding coupons (the coupons labeled with the date you received them as well as what coupon magazine they came in...very helpful!). They also color code the sales: green means it is free with coupons; blue is the rock bottom price so you should stock up; and black is a good deal, but not the best deal, so only buy if you really need it.
Anyway, this website has saved me a lot of time and money. Just some of the deals I have found: Speed Stick deodorant orig. $3.20 for $.48; Herbal Essence Shamp/Cond orig. $3.99-4.99 for $1; Colgate 360 toothbrush orig. $3.99 for -$1...yup that's right, they PAID me $1 to buy it! The list goes on and on. I now have a big "food storage" downstairs of everything from Deodorant, to laundry detergent, to lotion etc... And it cost me a fraction of what it would have without sales and coupons.
So, if you want to try out the grocery game, then you can sign up for a trial period of 4-weeks for only $1. After that 4 weeks, then it is $5 a month. If you decide to try it out, then please say that I referred you...then I get free weeks (my email is sararegister@msn.com). I think you'll like it if you try it.
(note: I am NOT a salesman so please don't feel any pressure to do anything with this info...I just have been really happy with it and wanted to pass it along...I mean, who doesn't like to save money?!?!)

2 comments:
We did 'The Grocery Game' when Sean was still in school but quit when we realized that shopping at WinCo (huge discount grocery store) was still cheaper and easier. There's no WinCo here, so maybe we'll pick up on the coupon clipping again.
you can always talk them down, even at target. that is another one I picked up on. I found ashirt for ande and it had makeup on it, I knew I could wash it out, but still talked her into a 10% off.
I needed a dress for deanna's wedding and talked them into the 30% of advertised off of selected items, saved me $40
Post a Comment