Tornado Warning!!
So we just camped out in our basement for an hour or two while tornado sirens were sounding on and off. Up to three inch diameter hale size balls were falling to the north of KC but we just ended up seeing lots of wind, rain, lightning and thunder. It felt really good to fairly prepared for such an event with food, shelter, and other provisions ready to go. We learned a few things too like a portable DVD player, toys, tissue, and a good book really help keep everyone happy while waiting out the storm. I guess that's what we get for living in Kansas. Hey, I'll take a tornado over earthquakes or floods any day.

4 comments:
I can honestly say I know exactly what that is like. I'm glad you were prepared and are safe.
Tornadoes are the WORST!!
MyCropRoom.com
I'm glad it you didn't have a tornado close to you. Scary! It is good that you are prepared! I always felt safe from tornadoes in SLC until we HAD one!!! We're not safe anywhere!!!
Yikes! We had a couple long evenings in our basement when we lived in Iowa. Not fun! Glad you're all okay!
I ditto the last sentence. I have been in both and tornados you have warning and can prepare somewhat. Damage is still horrendous, but yeah, your right on.
looked at the rest of your blog, funny and good stuff.
Post a Comment