Menu Planning Monday...Send Help!
Okay, I've been sitting here, racking my brain to come up with a menu this week. I must be PMS'ing because NOTHING sounds good. Blech! So, please give me some ideas...pretty please...with a cherry on top. :) It is pretty frigid here with lots of snow and ice...just like my friends/family out East, but not quite as much snow...so I'm thinking soup would be a good thing to have. Anyone have a yummy soup recipe? Help?!?!?!

4 comments:
Do you like Indian Food? This is one of our favorites: http://mycousinscookbook.blogspot.com/search/label/Indian%20Cuisine
So yummy on a cold day.
I have been meaning to try this one but haven't been up to it. Let me know if you do. It sounds good.
http://www.countryliving.com/cooking/recipes/best-soup-recipes
My mom's Cheese Soup:
Boil the following together for 20 min.
4-5 cups potatoes (peeled and chopped)
2 cups celery (chopped)
2 cups carrots (peeled and chopped)
1 cup onion (chopped)
1 Tbl salt
6 chicken bouillon cubes
2 1/2 cups water
Then add the following:
1 pkg frozen broccoli (thawed)
1 stick butter or margarine
2 cups milk
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbl dry mustard
1/2 tsp pepper
2 lbs Velveeta
Heat on med. low until cheese melts. Sooooo comfy!
Also, I love the Tuscan Soup from A Thrifty Mom http://athriftymom.com/2009/09/thrifty-recipe-for-olive-garden-toscana-soup/
pizza fondue, taco soup, or chilli are always good and easy croc pot recipes. if they sound good, i'l send you the recipe. p.s. i love your recipe monday because it gives me great ideas, i.e. we had the quesidillas last week. yum <3
Here are two recipes I've done since the snow set in.
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/05/baked-creamy-chicken-taquitos.html
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/01/asian-lettuce-wraps.html
Post a Comment