Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Menu Planning "Monday"

Okay, so have you ever spent your grocery money on things other than groceries? Well I have. This was one of those "spend your money on other things" weeks. I think I've mentioned before that tornado season is fast approaching, so this week I spent my money on our 72-hour kits. I have had one made every single year since moving to Kansas, but they have all been completely lacking. Every time I go to update our packs I think, "What on earth were you thinking Sara...these packs stink!" So THIS is my year to get it right...and my grocery budget has suffered the consequences. :) My menu this week will consist of whatever I have in my pantry/freezer. It won't be too exciting, but if I don't write it down, I'll never remember :)


Monday: Potato Soup...which I had on the menu for last week, but didn't actually make it.
Tuesday: French Toast
Wednesday: Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Thursday: Pizza...this time the home made variety
Friday: Leftovers/Cereal
Saturday: Quesadillas
Sunday: Spaghetti and Breadsticks

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds good to me, I want to see what you put in your 72 hour kits I need to work on mine.

Susanna said...

Sounds yummy. I can't wait for my visit. Since I don't actually cook much myself. Woo hoo!

Robyn said...

i love to see what's cookin' in other people's kitchen! i love this idea because i do this mentally each week but totally forget by tue or wed. what a good idea!