Thursday, February 03, 2011

Those Eyes

Todd was out shoveling our driveway in the -17 degree weather and came in with ice crystals all over his lashes. By the time I got the camera out, the ice had melted, but I think you can get the idea by looking at the picture. His lashes were literally frozen.
I can totally understand now the story I used to hear growing up about the missionaries in Minnesota who were out tracting in the winter and one Elder had his eyes freeze shut, while the other had his mouth freeze shut. I used to think that was a Mormon myth, but now
I'm not so sure. Hmmmm.......

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Grandma Charlene said...

Forget the ice crystals. Check out those lashes...

Robyn said...

those register boys and their lashes! how could the ice miss them?

The Whetstone Family said...

Minnesota? Yeah, I'd believe it. They're staying tomorrow will have a -25 to-35 degree wind chill. Next year I'll remember to book a trip to CA in February!

Steph said...

That is one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen!

Susanna said...

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy too cold! I am so ready for spring. I expect better weather when I am visiting you next week!

Annastacia said...

Cool Picture! At least Audrey got the Register lashes, I don't have much hope for Aurora though :)

Anonymous said...

great picture! forgot he had blue eyes.