Kansas Ice Storm
We have had some interesting weather the past several days. I can honestly say that this is my first experience with ice storms. I'm not a fan. I would rather have snow any day!
On Saturday we all went to the YMCA and everybody was driving REALLY slow on the roads. We couldn't figure it out until we actually got to the YMCA and I took one step out of the car and fell ever so gracefully right on my bumb...but not before hitting the car with my back on the way down. Like I said, "gracefully". The road was one big sheet of ice.
On Sunday church was canceled due to ice so we stayed in our jammies all day and drank hot chocolate. I wouldn't want to do that every day, but it was nice for one day.
Last night Todd went to pull the car into the garage. He couldn't see out the window, so he rolled it down, only to find out that there was a separate ice window still in place. He went to get the camera, but it shattered when he shut the door.

3 comments:
Holy ice! Those pictures really show how icy it was. We were supposed to have an ice storm last year when we lived in Georgia, but it fizzled out. It was a little scary how everyone told us to get food and water to last a couple of days because we wouldn't be able to leave. Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as what you guys had. See you in a couple of weeks!
I will never complain about ordinary snow again! Well, that's probably not true. But the ice thing looks nasty!
Mom
I will never complain about ordinary snow again! Well, that's probably not true. But the ice thing looks nasty!
Mom
Post a Comment