Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Riley is Adenoid FREE!

We went in for surgery bright and early this morning.  Riley was a trooper.  After the surgery, the doctor came out and told me that it was a good thing we had this surgery because his adenoids were huge.  He said that this surgery should make a big difference...I sure hope so!

Waking up from anesthesia is always hard.  Riley was pretty upset by the time that I could go back and see him. I just tickled his back for a bit while we watched cartoons and he calmed down a bit.  He fell asleep in the car almost the second I buckled him in.  He came home and slept for a while and is now eating Cheeze-Its and playing Lego Batman...I think it's safe to say that all is well :)




 Riley's dog, Chocolate, and his favorite blanket got to go into surgery with him.  He thought it was pretty darn funny when the nurse put a hair cover on Chocolate.

3 comments:

Susanna said...

Riley, good job! I'm glad it's all over and that everything went well. Hopefully, you will sleep much better now!

Emily Osborne said...

Awesome!!!! I'm so proud of my Riley!

Nanette said...

What a relief!!!!
Murdock's were giant as well-poor boys!
High five for moms that survive their little boy's surgeries!!!!