Monday, July 09, 2007

A Nightmare...I mean "A Day Out With Thomas"

Well, as most of you know, we took Riley to "A Day Out With Thomas" in June. We thought it was either going to be so much fun and Riley would love it, or it was going to be our worst nightmare. Unfortunately, it was the latter. Riley did LOVE riding on Thomas and he LOVED playing with the many train tables...it was sharing the trains and the tables with the dozens of other children that was the problem. We ending up staying for only 2-hours before we had to drag him away (literally) kicking, screaming, biting, and scratching to the car. It was pretty bad. We felt really terrible because we know how much he loves and adores Thomas the train, but his little two-year old self just didn't have the emotional capacity to deal with everything that was going on in the train yard. Poor kid. Anyway, it makes for a good story right?!?!

Oh, the last picture is of the "Assistant Conductor" (yellow shirt) who was in charge of telling our passenger car the rules of the train. As soon as he started talking I turned to Todd and said, "Hello, I am Dwight Shrute, Assistant Conductor...(Assistant TO THE Conductor)...on this train and I have few rules to lay down before we begin so listen carefully or your very lives will be at stake." We were dying of laughter when in the midst of his long list of "rules" he stopped abruptly and started CLAPPING really loudly at this poor volunteer who was seating a passenger apparently in the wrong spot. Then he started yelling at the passenger while the volunteer was telling him to relax and that it was okay. I kid you not, this is exactly what Dwight said: "It is NOT okay. I have the responsibility of keeping this train and everyone on it safe from harm and I will not calm down (As he is yelling angrily). Rules are made to be obeyed and I take them VERY seriously." I am cracking up just thinking about it. Oh, I can't wait for my beloved Office to start again. Hee! Hee! Hee! (The man in the white shirt is who he was yelling at. :) )






No comments: