Grandpa Tom's Visit
We had so much fun with Grandpa Tom. Here are some highlights:
A quick trip to the Nelson Atkin's Museum of Art in Kansas City. This building was pretty amazing with so much art...and it was free. Hooray! We love free. We wish we could have stayed longer, but, well, we had Riley with us. Need I say more?
Riley earned all of his cotton balls, so we got to go to Zonkers. We had so much fun going on the rides and eating pizza. I also got to play Deal or No Deal and I won 75 tickets. It was great. Riley was able to buy a bouncy ball and a slap bracelet with my winnings. :)
Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen was my dad playing drums on Rock Band. We got a video clip, but I think we'll forgo posting that...although it is pretty hysterical.
They boys loved their Grandpa Tom...although Tans was a little unsure at his first meeting with Grandpa. I've never seem him screw up his face in such a sad little expressions as when he first saw my dad. That all changed pretty quick when he realized how much fun his Grandpa is.
Dad with Alex Schriner's cape (Alex was the Tab Choir organist for about 50-years and also my Grandpa Ken's best friend.) Apparently, Alex bought this cape in France and was so proud of it, that he wore it to every rehearsal and concert the choir had. My dad got a good chuckle when he saw that cape.


2 comments:
That looks like great fun - wish i could have been there!
I wish I could have been there too. Someday we'll have to get the whole family together again- it may take a wedding or a funeral though.
Post a Comment