The Lighting of the Mayor's Christmas Tree
Each year, the day after Thanksgiving, Kansas City has the Lighting of the Mayor's Christmas Tree event down at Crown Center Plaza in downtown Kansas City. The Symphony Chorus is always invited to come and sing. This year however was the first year that we had to wear choir robes...aren't they festive?!?! :) Now, anyone who knows me knows that I am ALWAYS cold! So, beneath this beautiful robe, I have on a big sweater and my "puffy coat". It keeps me so nice and toasty, but doesn't do much for the old figure. Even though I was on the front row and appeared on television and in the newspaper...yikes...I didn't even care that I looked like I was 9-months pregnant because I was warm.
The kids had a lot of fun playing at "Santa's Village" right there on the plaza. They were mezmerized by all the lights and the music, but when the fireworks started, they just wanted out! Poor little Tanner started crying every time the loud "boom" from the fireworks sounded. Don't feel too bad for him though...he got over it pretty quickly and was back to his old mischief making.
It was a fun night!


4 comments:
How fun! I agree, being warm and comfy is way more important than fashion!
your hair looks so pretty! Did I tell you I chopped 10 inches of my hair!!
That looks like a fun, festive outing! I love Christmas! You have such a cute family!
It can't be Christmas time already!!!! I'm still mourning the loss of summer! It looks like you are having fun!
Post a Comment