Ummm...?
Nana got Tanner a Leap Frog magnetic letter toy for Christmas. He LOVES it...and so does Riley. For the past 45-minutes or so, Riley has been making words out of the letters. He just turned to me and said, very proudly,
"Look mom! I spelled FAG!"
Oh...that's great spelling honey!
"Mom, what does FAG mean?"
Ummm...I'm not sure...(do I tell my child it means a cigarette...or do I tell him it is a derogatory word referring to someone who is gay?)
"Does it mean a train?"
Maybe.
"Oh, I think it means chocolate."
That sounds about right. :)

4 comments:
Every parent has to learn to "bob and weave." It is a good technique to know when those tricky questions come!
oh boy! LOL i like your ansswer
holy cow. i'm laughing so hard right now. i hope i didn't wake anyone up!!!
This is a great trick I learned whenever a question comes up that you're not sure how to answer say "Hmmm that's a good question what do you think?" It buys you a few extra seconds to think, and sometimes their answers give you a good laugh, just like your post did for me :)
Post a Comment