Beauty Pageant Woes
I really don't care for beauty pageants one little bit...I think they are a bit on the ridiculous side. I don't know if you have noticed or not, but ALL over the news is this video:
This poor girl apparently was in the top two for the Miss USA pageant and lost because of her answer. Now, her answer was not given very well...not a very eloquent speaker in my mind, but that's not why she lost. She, and countless others, think she lost because of her specific opinion on same sex marriage. I wonder if she would have been adamantly FOR same sex marriage, would she have won instead of coming in second? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say probably yes.
Here is my beef...WHY oh WHY are liberals only "liberal" as long as you believe EXACTLY the way they believe? As soon as you veer from their specific path then all tolerance is gone. Interesting. Kind of an oxymoron if you ask me.
I saw an interview with Matt Lauer this morning where he interviewed the gay judge who asked that question. Here is that interview:
Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
So, what I got out of this, is that Mr. Hilton really didn't want to hear what she thought at all. She was just suppose to be "PC" and leave her own thoughts to herself. And of course "PC" in this case is supporting gay marriage.
I applaud her for sticking up for what she believes in. The liberals stick up for what they believe in and aren't belittled for it, why can't the conservatives do the same thing?

3 comments:
Ugh! I usually don't watch the news, but I did see part of this segment yesterday. I was sooo mad all day! I agree, you are only "open-minded" as long as you think one specific way!
Perez Hilton drives me absolutely mad! Can you say, "Double Standard?" Seriously-this is not ok. If he didn't want to know the answer, he should not have asked the question. I wish this girl all the success in the world.
very well said
Post a Comment