A Father's Day Surprise...sort of.
While my mom was here I wanted to take the boys in to get their pictures taken for a Father's Day surprise. I was going to get this cute frame to put the picture in and wrap it all up for Todd so he could take it to work and put on his desk (his family pictures on his desk are seriously outdated...just look at the family picture we have on the side of our blog and you'll get the idea!) Anyway, the "surpise" lasted less than 6-hours before I told Todd how proud I was of Riley for reading 5 and 6 letter words while we waited at Picture People. (Oops...did I just say that?!?!) I waited for a few seconds hoping that Todd wasn't really listening to me...which happens a lot...but unfortunately this time he was listening. Darn it! It was almost as bad as the time I stopped all the young men in our ward from telling Todd who dies in Harry Potter only to blurt it out myself that day in the car ride home from church. (Seriously, I started crying in the car because I spoiled it for him...but I think I was pregnant at the time so that let's me off the hook).
Well, here are the pictures now for you all to enjoy. No waiting for a special occasion like Father's Day for me. Oh no, apparently I can't keep something a surprise for that long?!?! :)
These pictures were taken during a great wrestling battle between the boys. They were having the time of their life wrestling each other to the ground...okay, mostly it was Tanner pulling Riley to the ground and rolling all over him, but they both were having a blast. My mom and I were trying frantically to get them to sit still for one second, ONE SECOND, but they would have none of it. Needless to say, we were doubtful that there would even be one decent picture amongst the bunch. We were pleasantly surprised with the pictures we got, though far from the perfection that a mother/grandmother would wish for. And, if you look carefully at the photos, you can see evidence of battle wounds (ie, dirt smudges, red splotches, etc...)





2 comments:
Cute, cute pictures...I always count it a blessing when everyone's smiling!
Those are so adorable! I especially like the first one. I've been meaning to get photos done of our kids for months now! I just can't decide what to dress them in. Such a dumb thing holding me up.
Post a Comment