Riley's MRI
Yesterday Riley had an MRI to make sure there is nothing wrong with his spinal cord. You see, my son is a toe walker. He's always been a toe walker, but this year it has gotten worse. We first took him to our family doctor where he discovered that Riley's achilles tendon is not as long as it needs to be. In essence, Riley cannot flex his foot...at all. He recommended we take him to a neurologist to rule out any neurological issues. So, we took him to a neurologist to get his expert opinion. He recommended that we get an MRI to rule out physical issues like a "tethered spinal cord" or a tumor.
Riley was a trooper. He was VERY nervous about having to fall asleep, but did a great job. Of course, the nitrous oxide helped just a little :) He was so funny when he was waking up from the sedative. I had to get some video. I must apologize to Riley for letting him bonk his head...twice...while filming this video.
The poor kid could just NOT wake up. We kept trying though. The nurse wanted to make sure that he COULD wake up.
We tried putting him in a wheelchair to wheel him out to the car, but he kept flopping out of it...or he would have flopped out anyway if we hadn't been there to catch him. Luckily, this was at a children's hospital, so they had these handy wagons we could use instead.
I put him in his booster and went to put the wagon back inside, only to come back to find him like this:
I tried talking to him, but it was no use. He did show some "signs" of life (pardon the pun). We always say "I love you" using the sign language sign for it. Well, sweet little Riley "woke up" and tried to tell me that he loves me. It was funny...in a very loving sort of a way.
He was totally loopy all day. He slept from about 10am-4pm. He'd wake up every now and again for just a minute or two...enough to stand up, walk a few drunken steps, and then fall down. I could not take my eyes off of him. I put him on the couch to sleep (thinking that was pretty safe), went upstairs for about 5-minutes to help Tanner get something to eat, and came back down to find him here:
And here he stayed for THREE hours! I'm glad it's over and that it went well. We should find out the results in a few days. Hopefully they didn't find anything wrong.

3 comments:
Poor thing! Thats a hard thing to go through! fingers crossed!
Poor guy! Hope he's feeling better now and the results are speedy and good.
Great footage! Riley will get a big laugh at this when he is older. It kind of reminds me of what you girls were like after you had your wisdom teeth out!
Post a Comment