Thanksgiving 2011
Todd and I have not had Thanksgiving with our families for a VERY long time! It makes us sad. This year however, was the first year that Todd and I didn't feel as bad as we usually do. We have some great friends that we shared the holiday with, and it was lovely.
Part of what made the day so lovely was the fact that we sent the kids outside to eat. That's right...it's the END of November, yet warm enough to send the kids outside to eat while the adults ate inside in blessed silence...well, not total silence, but you know what I mean. I never understood having a "kids'" table when I was younger. I just thought is was so unjust. Well, now I get it. Kids' tables rock!
It was actually kind of funny because the little hispanic boy is our next door neighbor, Gerlan. He is at our house all the time! He popped on over, sat with all the kids and asked for a plate with turkey and potatoes. I just chuckled and got him a plate. Our friends told us we could just send him home, but it didn't bother us. He's kind of a staple at our house.
I love any excuse I have to bring out my grandmother's china. I really, REALLY love it!!! Luckily, Todd loves it too. It is just classy. Thanks grandma!!!
This year I did not have to make the turkey OR the rolls! It was kind of nice. I did however make my specialty Sweet Potato Casserole. Mmmmm...... I also made the Jell-O salad (thanks Holly!). The Jell-O salad is a HUGE hit whenever I make it. It really is a gem of a recipe.
Our friends invited a couple from Cameroon to feast with us. They were a lot of fun! They loved my sweet potatoes and Jell-O salad, so of course I liked them. Nothing like having seconds and thirds of something to make the chef feel good!

1 comment:
It all looks delightful! And maybe you should come to Utah for Thanksgiving one of these years!
Post a Comment