Rewind: Riley's 7th Birthday
Riley turned 7 one month ago, and I need to blog about it. It is actually kind of a miraculous story. I had been thinking a lot about what we should do for his party and who we should invite. I really wanted to be able to invite his whole first grade class, plus some of his friends from church. Well, that is A LOT of children! If you are going to have a party THAT big, then there is only one place to go: Monkey Bizness. The problem is, it is expensive.
I prayed a lot about it and really felt like this was the right choice. So, I told Todd my big plans. He pretty much laughed and said no. I told him to pray about it too and he would get the same answer I got. Well, wouldn't you know it, I looked on facebook one day and saw that Monkey Bizness was doing a Halloween photo contest and the person with the most "likes" and comments would win a FREE party. Long story short, we won! It was close...thanks to a good friend of ours who made 7-comments in a row, we almost didn't win. It was a miracle! Riley was getting his party. He was so excited.
We had THIRTY kids come to his party and it was fun! Riley felt like a rock star. All the kids had a great time. Mission accomplished.

2 comments:
Riley has such awsome parents!!! He is a lucky boy!!!
You are an awesome mom!! I bet he felt like a rock star!! And I laughed at the part where you were telling todd and his reply. I guess I could totally picture his face. haha. Glad Riley had such an awesome birthday!
Post a Comment