Girls' Weekend
I just got back from Girls' Weekend!!! Jenny is getting deployed in January, so we decided that we needed a getaway before that happened. I flew into Utah on Thursday night and flew back to Kansas Sunday night. Todd stayed home with the boys and Mike stayed home with his kids while Mom, Em, Jenn, and I romped all over the Salt Lake Valley. Here are some of the highlights:
We went to Desert Star Playhouse Friday night to see the play "Spamlet", a parody of Hamlet. We had a great time eating popcorn, waiting for our ice cream, and getting a HUGE glass of ice water dumped in our laps. :) What more could you ask for?!?!
On Friday afternoon we went shopping at Gardner Historic Village. I forgot how charming that place is! We met my friend Amy there so she could take some professional pictures of us to immortalize our trip. (Amy is pretty talented and I'll post some of the pictures she took later)
Laursie goofing off. Emily had SOOOO much Halloween candy and goodies at her house...much to my hips dismay! But, as you all know, when you are on vacation, all chocolate is calorie free and fat free.
On Saturday night we all went to Em's for pizza and games. We had so much fun playing Spanish Train, Family Feud, and Presidents. And, shocker of the century, Jenny actually PLAYED with us...and when I say played, I mean she played EVERY game with us and didn't complain once. I am so proud!!! :) We had a blast!


2 comments:
That was the funnest weekend!! I heart girls' weekends!
So fun! I need a girls weekend. I haven't done it since before William was born. How come I lived in Provo for 6 years and have never heard of Gardner Village? What a fun place!
Post a Comment