Turkey leftovers
Oh my goodness...if you want something yummy to do with your turkey leftovers, then try this: make turkey pot pie.
I diced a small onion, two carrots, and 2 stalks of celery and sauteed them in a little bit of butter and sprinkled with some oregano, salt and pepper. Then I added 2 cans of chicken stock and my 2 smallish diced potatoes and brought it to a boil. I let it simmer for a few minutes to get the potatoes a little bit softer.
In a separate saucepan I melted about 2 TBSP of butter and added about 2 cups of shredded turkey and about 1/2 cup of milk and 3 TBSP flour. I cooked that through and added to my veggies/stock mix. It wasn't as thick as I wanted, so I added a little cornstarch and water. Then I let it thicken and added some frozen peas.
I put my leftover pie crust in a pie plate and topped with the filling. Then I put a second pie crust over the top, crimped it down, and cut some holes in the top. I baked it at 425 degrees for 15-minutes and then turned the temp down to 350 for about 15 minutes more. It was so delicious!!!

1 comment:
That sounds so good! I wish I had turkey leftovers. That's the drawback to going to someone else's home for Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll try it with chicken from the freezer.
Post a Comment