Deals, Deals, Deals
Well my friends, I have been on a saving frenzy lately. Not just saving, but more like a, "I want my family to be prepared in case of an emergency, and I want to do it in the cheapest way possible" frenzy. I went to some yard sales today where I met a woman who buys LOTS of things, (like lotions, shampoos, razors, etc...), throughout the year with coupons and then sells them for dirt cheap at a yearly yard sale. She wouldn't tell me her secrets, but I so want to know how she does it. I have absolutely no desire to buy these things and then sell them again, but I want to buy them to put in our food storage. My ultimate goal?...to have enough stored to supply my family for a year with little to no shopping necessary. It's going to take me a while, but then again, everything worth doing takes a while.
So, the purpose of this post is to find out what you all know that I may not. If any of you have terrific saving tips, I want to know. I have posted a new link list to our blog, Deal Busters, of sites that I have found where I have saved money. If you have any other websites that you know of, please share. :)

3 comments:
Great idea. Our supply is pretty pathetic right now. I'll be checking out your link list!
Okay, this is Sean's favorite topic (saving money and living frugally) while mine is spending and living comfortably. Anyway, a website Sean clued me into is cheapskatemonthly.com. On the side menu there's a link for Everyday Cheapskate. It's got some good ideas about how/where to buy stuff super cheap. And also how to make household products yourself. Good luck.
thanks Heidi!
Post a Comment