Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunbeams

Riley has now spent TWO Sundays in Primary and Sunbeams without me!!! This is a huge milestone. Not only has he spent the time without me, but he has actually had fun and has done really well. When I come to pick him up, he is just as happy as can be. The first thing he says to me is, "Oh, hi mom. Riley had fun today in Primary!" (yes, he still occasionally refers to himself in the third person...darn that Elmo for teaching him that!!!) Anyway, it's a miracle...literally. Hooray!! Now just to get that little stinker potty trained. (Is it too much to ask for TWO miracles?!?!) :)

6 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Way to go, Riley! We're hoping for a potty miracle here, too!

Emily Osborne said...

Go Riley Go!!!!

Nicole said...

Yeah Riley! and what IS the deal with Elmo?

Heidi said...

I believe Elmo will be banned from my house. Give me Barney, Give me Dora, Give me anything but Elmo!!

PS good luck on that whole potty training thing. I still change diapers so I can offer no words of wisdom here.

Anonymous said...

Very cool Riley!

hey Sara? just a side bar here, you might not like it.... but I felt your pain... for over 4 years as a matter of fact. I still have to wipe his tushy but vowed to not complain b/c he finally was out of diapers, but it was AFTER his 4th bday!!!! little turkey

Hopefully Riley won't be that old LOL

Sara said...

Oh Stacey...I remember well your potty training experience with Michael. In fact, I think of it often as I try to get Riley interested in the potty. I think it may just come to the "this is your last diaper" thing that you did. (exasperated sigh!!!)