Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Off to Minnesota

Okay, so we don't want to make anyone too jealous or anything, but we just went to Minnesota for vacation. I know, I know. Minnesota is just out of some of your reach, but don't feel too bad. I'm sure there are things almost as fun to do in your area. :)

We have been re-doing our kitchen and really wanted this desk at IKEA. Well, the closest one to our house is 6 1/2 hours away in you guessed it, Minnesota. So, off we went. It actually was a really fun trip, but I don't think I'll ever be moving there permanantly.

The drive there was fairly uneventful...hooray! We think we may move to Iowa one day though. Iowa is so "green". We passed so many cool wind farms...AND the gas prices were great! The mid grade gas was .15 cents cheaper than the low grade gas because they supplement it with ethonol made from all the corn in Iowa. It was awesome.

Our hotel was right next to the Mall of America and IKEA. Both places were so much fun. Although, IKEA would have been more fun without the two kids. Let's just say that we didn't get nearly as much time there as we would have liked. (sigh) We got our furniture though as well as some yummy IKEA treats to bring home with us. How I miss living near several IKEAs. We sure love Kansas, but that is one drawback.

The Mall of America is HUGE!!! I can't believe how big it is. It has every store known to man as well as a theme park, an aquarium, and many other fun things that we just didn't have time or energy to visit.

The kids both loved the pool. Tanner loved swimming and splashing around, while Riley loved putting his feet in and throwing Tanner the beach balls. All they wanted to do when we were at the hotel was go swimming. It wasn't crowded at all, so we were happy to swim as well.

We had many, many melt downs, but all it all it was a really fun little vacation.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Fun, we've been there a few times when Ben was 1-2. When we lived in Iowa we'd accompany Jason on his trips there. The Mall is so fun! The park used to be snoopy themed--the nick one looks cooler!

Scherer said...

Hi Sara,

Just stopped in. You guys look great! I can't Riley is so big and the baby is adorable! Cool trip. Too bad living in Cornville Ohio doesn't provide the same gas benefit as in Iowa.
Summer in the midwest is awesome, everything is so green and pretty. Not so much on the Fall and Winter where we are though. There's an IKEA near the Detroit temple and we'll stop in when we go. It's a great store, but too busy for me, they herd you around like cattle.

Susanna said...

I had only been in the Philadelphia IKEA with you until they brought one to Salt Lake. I have only been there once, so far. Can you believe it??? The pool looks inviting. It has been so hot!!!

Heidi said...

Love the Mall of America. My mom and I went there a few years ago. We couldn't even see it all in a day.