Oh no...
Today as I was sitting down and chatting with Riley, I realized that we have entered the "Why" stage. We have actually been in this phase for a while, but I apparently was too daft to realize it until now. All day long I hear why, why, why. I have to admit that at times it is endearing, but more often than not, this is what it's like:
"Hey mom?"
"Yeah honey"
"Why did you get a bug bite?"
"Uh...because a bug bit me."
"WHY did the bug bite you?"
"Well, I taste good and the bug was hungry."
"Oh, yeah."
Now just repeat this conversation about a million times and you'll get the right idea. Here is a why question for you, WHY does Riley always ask questions that I either can't answer, or that I really don't know how to answer? I have a feeling that we will be hearing more "why's" than we care to think about over the next MANY years to come. :)

2 comments:
Oh, man. I know how this goes. At least he was satisfied with your answer! Ben never is, and has to come up a million alternatives until you wanna scream "no more talking!"
Oh--it is such sweet PAYBACK! You will get yours when your kids have kids! You will then be able to sit back and chuckle!
Post a Comment