Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Question of the Day

I've been tagged: What was I doing 5, 10, 15 and 20-years ago? Should be fun!

Let's see, 5-years ago I was 24-years old and had just graduated from BYU


We bought our first house in West Pittston, PA and did A LOT of this...


And, we were "expecting" this...



10-years ago I was 19 and had just finished my first year at Utah State...(and although there were some fun times, it was a disaster),



So, I moved back home and started singing with The Mormon Youth Symphony Chorus and had the time of my life!!!


15-year ago I was 14 years old...not a "pretty" time for me. The early 90's were a bad era for hair...and makeup...and glasses...and clothes! This was the summer before 8th grade (YIKES)...


But thanks to braces, and my friend Bliss's mom, Val, this is what I looked like the summer after 8th grade...


And finally, 20-years ago I was 9! I was going to Bonneville Elementary School in SLC, Utah. I was in Mrs. Orphanakis' fourth grade class. The only thing I remember, was that Mrs. Orphanakis was so beautiful and nice...oh, and the fact that my mom and I didn't know it was picture day and I went to school in my Girl Scout shirt. I got some major ridicule for that one. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay that is awesome
so glad you played along... loved it

Emily Osborne said...

that made me laugh sooo hard!! You think YOU looked bad in your pre-teen picture? Check ME out! Why in the world did mom let me have hair like that! Yikes! Not too mention Jenny's major "Boof" Funny!!

The Whetstone Family said...

Loved this! I just love looking at old pictures. Hair was so weird back in the day (mine included)!

De and Matt said...

just wanted to let you know that we (matthew and I) have added you to our blog!

Scherer said...

Loved Your Pictures. Your flashbacks made me laugh. Your kids are cute. We are doing well. Not very good about updating our blog though. (We just put some pics on though). Check it out.
Kerri @ Scherer family

Heidi said...

What a difference a year makes (and contacts, a cute hairstyle, and braces)! It was a fun flashback.

Michelle said...

We DID look pretty awesome in those black and white pictures. Ah memories again!