Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Great Website!

I recently went to an enrichment group meeting where a lady named Angela Coffman came to speak to us about how to make our families financially free. She has a great website, The Grocery Shrink, that has a lot of great ideas on it for how to get out of debt and save money. She has quite the remarkable story of being in debt almost $100, 000 and getting out of it with $40,000 in savings in about 1-year. At the time, her husband was only making $40,000 a year...quite the feat.


To get out of debt, Angela and her husband used the ideas given by Dave Ramsey. Two summers ago I was out yard saleing and a guy was giving away free signed copies of Dave Ramsey's book. Todd and I read it from cover to cover and learned a lot! (I highly recommend checking that book out at the library!)

Anyway, one cool website that Angela talked about was called Be Centsable. It has all the states listed and what coupons go with what grocery add for each state. It is awesome! I have had quite the rough past 12-months, but I am finally feeling better and am getting back into coupons, building up my food storage, cooking, saving money, etc... and this website will be a huge resource for me! No more coupon clipping and organizing. Hooray!!! All I'm going to do is write the date on the top of the coupon booklet and then put them in a file. Easy Breezy!

Another website that I use a lot is called Coupons by Dede. I used to go and buy several Sunday papers just to get the coupons, but then our dollar store stopped selling them so I was out of luck...until I found this website. She clips all the coupons and sells them to you at a very small price. I figure, I was spending quite a bit of money on the papers each week and her coupons are WAY cheaper than that PLUS I get only the coupons I want. So, on Wednesday morning when the new grocery adds come out, I look and see what is on sale and then I go to see if Dede has any coupons to go with it. I order them Wednesday and they get to my house by Saturday or Monday so I can use them before the sales end. It works out great!

It is a brand new year where anything is possible and I thought I'd share with you a bit about what I am going to do this year. Stay tuned for ideas on 72-hour kits and other ideas on being prepared. You're excited right...Right? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so good to get caught up, she is sooo cute! having fun dressing her?

isn't it fun after trwo boys?

Nanette said...

thank you for the tips!