Sunday, January 03, 2010

My Favorite Lemon Cookies

Last night we decided to make my very favorite lemon sugar cookies. They are seriously delish...just ask my mom. We made them when Ava was born and ate the whole dang batch all by ourselves.

Riley likes to help when I make cookies. I think it may be because I let him lick the spatula when we're done. Tanner likes to help because...well, because he loves to make a mess. In this picture he has just dumped out the lemon juice that we had squeezed and was then dipping the whole lemons into the powdered sugar so he could lick the sugar off.



Lemon Sugar Cookies


2 c butter, softened
4 c powdered sugar
4 eggs

Cream butter and sugar together, then add eggs one at a time

3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp 1/2 and 1/2

Beat into butter mixture

6 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Mix together and gradually add to butter mixture. Refrigerate for 2-hours or until easy to handle. Roll into 1/8 inch thick sheet and cut. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes (My cookies always take the full 10-minutes) After they cool, I spread with home made cream cheese frosting. I usually add a tsp or so of lemon juice to my cream cheese frosting for a little added lemon goodness.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

These sound AMAZING! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

Susanna said...

Those cookies are seriously delicious! I made them before Christmas. I would have eaten the whole batch, but I had the good sense to give some away.