Dinner Prayer
So here's the thing about Tanner. He wants to DO everything Riley does, SAY everything Riley says, ACT the way Riley acts...basically, he wants to be Riley. So far Riley doesn't mind too much, but I have a feeling that one day it is going to drive him crazy to have a doe-eyed brother following in his every footstep.
The other evening, Riley wanted to say the dinner prayer. As soon as he started, Tanner started saying a prayer too. Riley would stop and tell Tanner to be quiet and that it was his turn, to which Tanner would say, "Okay Riley." Riley would start his prayer again...and so would Tanner. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud. I'm sure you'll all understand when I say that I just HAD to get the camera and get some video of the dinner-prayer duo.

5 comments:
For the LONGEST time I wanted to be my sister, Robyn! Oh, the power she had over me!!
I'm SO proud of you for filming things like this!
Every prayertime in our house is a fight! Each kid wants to say it and each one is certain that another said it the last 3 times in a row! I'm about to make a chart to help them see it's fair.
Wouldn't it be nice is Tanner always copies just the good stuff? It doesn't seem to work that way, however.
You're right, Sara, I think the novelty's going to wear off for Riley (eventually) but until then...keep filming, it's so fun to see.
Post a Comment