Mother's Day Masterpiece
Mother's Day was so nice this year! I got to sleep in, which was great since I am totally sick and needed some extra sleep! I awoke to the yummy smells of breakfast and Todd really out did himself: Raspberry-Lemon Stuffed French Toast, strawberries and cream, and orange juice. Delish! Riley surprised me with a one-of-a-kind piano composition that he composed himself. He was so excited to play the piece he wrote for me. It was really cute. Todd cleaned the kitchen, helped with laundry, cleaned the dining room, the living room and the family room. Got the kids totally ready for church. Sheesh! It was nice. After church we had a nice lasagna with garlic bread and homemade lemon-raspberry cream cheese bars...and no, Todd did not make those. I did and they were yummy! The best mother's day gift was Riley actually eating his lasagna! Seriously, we've waited five years for this and it was sweet. This child does not eat pasta! Crazy, I know. Then we watched America's Funniest Home Videos and played Sorry. I beat Riley THREE times in a row and he didn't even cry. Happy Mother's Day to me. It was a great day. I especially loved the talk in church given by a 14-year old boy who praised how mothers have infinite patience, always know what to say or do, are always kind, and are...and I quote..."soft". I was trying to hold in the giggles. Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

2 comments:
Can you post that recipe for the lemon raspberry bars on the recipe blog? Please? Pretty please? They sound REALLY good.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful day, you deserve it, you hard-working mom you!
Sounds delightful! I am so proud of Riley--what a budding musician!
Post a Comment