Monday, May 31, 2010

Let the Battle Begin

Okay, so within the past 2-weeks I have noticed something that makes me cringe. In every picture that I am in I am bulging at my midsection. Yup, you heard me. My tummy is flubby. Now this I cannot have. You see, I'm going to DC to visit my darling sister Jenny and her beau Chris. I have never met Chris before and I don't want his first impression to be that Sara is the FAT sister! Uh-uh, no way jose! So, this is the day that the battle of the bulge begins!


This was my first bit of action: I threw away ALL of the chips in my house...and anyone who knows me KNOWS how I love me some chips! If I was on the Biggest Loser, my biggest temptation would be some nice, fried, crunchy, salty chips. Mmmm...okay, got off target there, but I'm back now.

I will be re-vamping my weekly menus and posting them here...surprise, surprise. However, I will also be posting links/recipes and letting you all know what recipes where scrumptious versus the recipes that were blech.

So, here is my Battle of the Bulge menu for this week:

Monday: Cereal (hey, we just got back from vacation, cut me some slack!)
Tuesday: Spinach Salad and Rolls
Wednesday: Buttermilk Pancakes with Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries
Thursday: Margherita Pizza with Green Salad
Saturday: BBQ Chicken, corn on the cob, green salad
Sunday: Spaghetti and green peas

p.s. This is NOT a diet...I don't do diets. The very second that the d-word leaves my lips is the very second that ALL I can think about is chocolate and ice cream and chips and...well, you get it. Just so we're clear: NOT A DIET!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Um, the day that you are the fat sister, we should all give up on trying to look thin.

Annastacia said...

I think babies eat your stomach muscles while they are in there, I'm pretty certain Audrey ate mine.

Nanette said...

It is my secret wish that one day I can be as "fat" as you. I think I could die happy then.

Susanna said...

The battle of the bulge--NEVER ending!!! No matter how often I lose weight--it is just waiting to find me again! My only hope is to keep it from totally getting out of control! So on another note--do I get to cache in on these fabulous meals when I visit you after our Washington DC trip? Woo Hoo!

The Whetstone Family said...

I'm in the same boat! I was doing so well until Easter. Then the candy hit. Hoping to get on track again, and looking forward to more of your recipes! I have to be beach ready very very soon!