Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Riley Reading

Riley has been going around the house "reading" the words that he sees. He has learned to sound out words and uses this skill every chance he gets. I unfortunately only caught a snippet of him reading the title to "Grapes of Wrath". I just need to carry the camera around with me 24/7 so I can catch him reading a whole sentence. He hasn't reached the level of recognizing that the letters in the English language can make more than one sound, so it is pretty humorous to hear him sound out words. He doesn't quite get the whole "putting the sounds together to make a word" concept yet either, but we'll get there.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh. my. gosh. your kid is a genius.
Reading the Steinbeck too, now that's culture.

Emily Osborne said...

I've never read the Grapes of Wrath. It sounds like it is pretty good! Maybe I ought to try it!

Melinda said...

Wow that's awesome! Way to go Riley!! Melinda

Anonymous said...

I am having a tough time posting a comment here, wonder why?

anyway.... your boys are so cute! Big bundles of joy!!!!

I LOVE the wishlist from Jenny

She will be in our prayers as she is there!!

Anonymous said...

It's just too darn bad that English isn't phonetic. We should have been Hngarians- he'd be right on! Riley is the cutest :)